Guest post by Sania at The Smart Women Blog.
Coconut oil has been used for thousands of years for cooking and cosmetics. It is important to learn about the benefits this amazing oil can have for your skin and hair. After all, a good face mask is only going to take you so far. You need to keep in mind that there are natural remedies you should be looking into; remedies that would help you look more beautiful. Coconut oil is one of these. Here are some of the potential benefits:
1. Delays Aging: The way coconut oil affects your skin is to tighten it up, preventing wrinkles from forming. While it is true that these wrinkles are going to form eventually, applying coconut oil can help delay this for an extended period of time. It also does not contain any of the added chemicals that anti-wrinkle creams possess. This means it won’t have the same side effects.
2. Moisturizes Skin: Dry skin can be a real annoyance. It can cause discomfort such as itching. You generally don’t feel all that great when your skin is dry. This is why it is important to moisturize on a daily basis, and just drinking your daily recommended intake of water is not going to be enough. You are going to have to focus on using coconut oil as well so that your skin gets the nutrients that it needs.
3. Makes Hair Shiny: Nothing is more beautiful than gorgeous, shiny hair. If you want your hair to shine as much as possible, apply coconut oil and then leave it there for at least half an hour before showering. This will allow your hair to absorb the nutrients and gives it a protein treatment as well. On a side note, applying coconut oil to your hair allows you to have a very relaxing experience, which you may enjoy quite a bit.
4. Reduces Hair Fall: If you have a problem with hair fall you need to start applying coconut oil immediately. This oil is perfect for reducing hair loss because it firms your hair up at the roots, preventing it from breaking, allowing your hair to repair itself in the process. Suffice it to say that hair fall could be a thing of the past if you start using coconut oil on a regular basis.
5. Repairs Damaged Hair: If you have hair that has been damaged over time, coconut oil can help repair this damage in no time at all. If you want, you can start by only applying it to your roots and take it from there, step by step. This is the best way to get the nutrients your hair needs to repair itself after contact with the sun and other elements.